The BBC Sport website has launched a new feature called “Lessons I Have Learned” which profiles “British sportsmen and women notorious for taking their sport, preparation and strategy to incredible levels. Each of them has looked back on their career and identified the 10 key lessons their life in sport has taught them.”
Here are her lessons but make sure you visit the BBC website for her powerful stories about each.
- Never give up.
- Be as fully prepared as possible.
- Take strength from the team around you.
- It’s good to be frightened it keeps you on your toes.
- Don’t lose sight of your ultimate goal, stay focused.
- Never underestimate the power of the sea.
- Stay true to yourself and never lose sight of your values.
- Never forget those who have help you along the way.
- Always try to have fun.
- Always do your best.
Ellen’s accomplishments in her young life speak for themselves; she is truly a modern day hero and role model for young women. Her lessons are valuable to all of us: young and old, in sport and in business, with family, friends and colleagues.
Make sure you check out her beautiful website www.ellenmacarthur.com too.
(There is a video on the BBC website but I found it to be pretty poor quality and not worth the time or effort to download and watch.)