For the past few months, the Sea-Fever Code Monkeys have been hard at work on a top secret project in a hermetically sealed computer lab at Sea-Fever HQ. More complex than the Google Search Algorithm, the formula for Coke and the Secret Recipe for KFC combined, they have been using the latest technology to figure out who is the smartest maritime blogger in the world.
Well, Yahoo is not the only Internet property experiencing “headwinds.” The Sea-Fever blog’s lack of ads or any other virtual or real revenue model has forced us to “tack” this project and chart a new course using the most powerful web 2.0 (aka free) tools available to finish this important work.
After an exhaustively Googling the Internets, we discovered an impressive website that answered the question, “Who’s the smartest maritime blogger of them all?” Or at least, “What level of education is required to understand your blog?”
We put dozens of blogs through the sophisticated process of The Blog Readability Test and you might be surprised by the results. We were.
Notes to Maritime Bloggers:
- Please feel free to proudly display the appropriate badge on your blog.
- If you run the program yourself on your blog and come up with a higher level, it’s probably because your last few posts were more intelligent than most of what you’ve written in the past. Who knows, maybe you’re even getting smarter.
- If your score comes in lower, don’t worry, we’ll probably never do this again so you won’t be outed.
- I’m glad the MaritimeTerrorism.com guys are really smart.
- Much like the Nigerian diplomat’s widow with $400 million to “park” in your savings account, the Internets aren’t always what they appear to be. It’s actually much better to be less smart because more people can read your blog. Why limit your audience with intelligence?
- If you have any questions or complaints, they are probably best addressed directly with The Blog Readability Test honchos.
- At least you got a free link out of this.
|Share this post :|